Phillips & Cohen LLP is the nation's most successful and most experienced law firm representing whistleblowers. Recoveries from our lawyers' whistleblower cases total more than $11 billion from civil settlements and related criminal fines.
On behalf of whistleblowers, our lawyers bring:
- Medicare fraud cases and qui tam cases involving other types of fraud against the government under federal and state false claims laws.
- Claims on behalf of whistleblowers who have information about federal tax fraud and tax underpayments and tax fraud in certain states involving millions of dollars and who may be entitled to a reward through the Internal Revenue Service whistleblower program.
- Cases on behalf of whistleblowers who know about particular federal securities laws violations and seek rewards through the Securities and Exchange Commission's whistleblower program or the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's whistleblower program.
Our whistleblower cases have helped bring about many record-setting settlements:
- The largest healthcare fraud settlement ever ($3 billion - GlaxoSmithKline)
- The second largest healthcare fraud settlement ($2.3 billion - Pfizer Inc.)
- The largest amount ever paid by a defense contractor in a qui tam case ($325 million - Northrop Grumman).
- Largest settlement ever paid by a medical lab company for a faulty product ($302 million - Quest Diagnostics).
Phillips & Cohen has been recognized as one of the nation's top law firms, and our attorneys have received many accolades for their work on qui tam lawsuits on behalf of whistleblowers. The law firm and its attorneys have been named to highly selective lists such as:
- "Hot List" of the top plaintiffs' law firms in the U.S for 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 (National Law Journal)
- "Whistleblower Lawyer of the Year" for 2012 (Taxpayers Against Fraud).
- "Winning Attorney" for 2008 (National Law Journal)
- "500 Leading Lawyers in America" for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 (Lawdragon)
- "100 Most Influential Lawyers" in the nation three consecutive times (National Law Journal)
- California Lawyer of the Year for 2010 (California Lawyer magazine).
If you would like to contact Phillips & Cohen about your case, please fill out our qui tam (false claims) contact form, our IRS whistleblower contact form or our SEC and CFTC whistleblower contact form.