Phillips & Cohen represents whistleblowers in cases brought under federal and state whistleblower reward programs:
- The False Claims Act (Medicare fraud, defense contractor fraud and other types of fraud against the government)
- The Securities and Exchange Commission Whistleblower Program
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission Whistleblower Program
- The IRS Whistleblower Program
Our attorneys represent whistleblowers in the US and around the world. That is all we do.
And we do our work well. Phillips & Cohen is the only law firm that has won awards for its clients under three different whistleblower reward programs: the False Act through “qui tam” whistleblower lawsuits, the SEC whistleblower program and the IRS whistleblower program.
Our successful cases include:
- The largest healthcare fraud settlement ($3 billion – GlaxoSmithKline).
- The largest civil settlement of a healthcare fraud case involving solely kickback allegations ($400 million – DaVita Healthcare Partners).
- The largest amount ever paid by a defense contractor in a qui tam case ($325 million – Northrop Grumman).
- Largest settlement ever paid by a medical lab company for a faulty product ($302 million – Quest Diagnostics).
- A whistleblower lawsuit against Wall Street banks that exposed the practice of yield burning and settled for more than $220 million.
- One of the largest SEC whistleblower rewards (more than $32 million), which was paid to one of our international clients.
Working with our whistleblower clients, we have helped governments and defrauded investors recover more than $12.3 billion as a result of our whistleblower cases. The whistleblower rewards we have won for our clients total more than $1 billion.
See Whistleblower FAQs to answer questions about working with whistleblower lawyers at Phillips & Cohen.