Phillips & Cohen has the experience, expertise and track record that make a difference in both how the IRS handles a whistleblower's allegations and in the size of the whistleblower's reward.
Our attorneys are among the most knowledgeable in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service whistleblower program:
- We worked closely with the IRS Whistleblower Office as part of a lawyers committee to help set up the new whistleblower program.
- At the request of the IRS Whistleblower Office, one of our partners was a speaker at an IRS training session for IRS attorneys who handle whistleblower claims.
- We also have a number of pending whistleblower claims with the IRS that we've initiated on behalf of clients under the new program.
We have won more than $1 billion in rewards for our whistleblower clients through government reward programs, including one for a confidential informant to the IRS who was unable to win a reward on his own despite the valuable information he had provided to the IRS.
Our expertise in tax whistleblower matters has been recognized by others:
- The International Herald Tribune and Pharmaceutical Executive, a major pharmaceutical trade publication, have published articles by a Phillips & Cohen attorney about the tax whistleblower law.
- The Senate Finance Committee invited two of our attorneys to participate in a roundtable discussion about the tax whistleblower law shortly after it was enacted.
- The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Bloomberg and other news outlets often turn to our lawyers as expert sources for stories about the tax whistleblower law.
If you are aware of a tax law violation and would like to discuss this matter with Phillips & Cohen, please contact us.