Awards & Honors
Recognition of Phillips & Cohen's attorneys for their work on whistleblower cases
- "Super Lawyers" for Washington, DC - 2007-2016.
- Washingtonian's "Top lawyers in DC" list in the whistleblower law category for 2012 and 2015.
- Attorneys Who Matter," 2015 highlighting those "who have made a significant difference in the ethics and compliance fields through their respective professions," - Ethisphere Institute.
- "Plaintiffs' Hot List" of law firms selected for "exemplary work," track record and significant wins –National Law Journal, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2015.
- The LawDragon "500 Leading Lawyers in America," based on a survey of attorneys 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013-2014 and 2014-2015.
- 2014 Whistleblower Law Firm of the Year, Washington D.C. - Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award.
- 2014 U.S. Top Ranked Law Firms - Martindale-Hubbell.
- "Lifetime achievement award" for work on whistleblower cases - Taxpayers Against Fraud, 2013.
- "Whistleblower Lawyer of the Year" for 2012 – Taxpayers Against Fraud.
- "Considered ... to be the premier false claims [whistleblower] plaintiffs' firm." –The (San Francisco) Recorder.
- "Three months of research convinced me that Phillips & Cohen, with its breadth of experience in filing and pursuing whistleblower cases, was the top gun in the field" – John W. Schilling, author of Undercover: How I Went from Company Man to FBI Spy – and Exposed the Worst Healthcare Fraud in U.S. History and former client.
- The work of Phillips & Cohen with the Justice Department was a "collaboration of a group of impressive professionals acting skillfully in concert" – U.S. District Judge Steven D. Merryday.
- "These are the finest lawyers I've ever met that didn't have an agenda besides doing the right thing"— a whistleblower client, as reported in the book, Giant Killers: The Team and the Law That Help Whistleblowers Recover America's Stolen Billions.
- Inclusion in Super Lawyers' listings of the Top 5 percent of lawyers by state, based on a survey of attorneys and other information.
- AV ratings – the highest ratings for legal ability and ethical standards – by Martindale-Hubbell legal directory.
We have earned our clients more than
$1 billion in whistleblower rewards
and recovered more than
$11 billion through our cases.